Happy 4th Birthday Matthew!!!

Happy Birthday Big Guy!!!!!!!!

We have been asking Matthew for a few months what he wanted to do for his birthday. It should not have surprised me, being the creature of routine that he is, he wanted again at the Jumpin Place. He loves this place and consistently and frequently requested it, so we went for it. Because of the wonderful success of our Baylor Bears (and no I'm not ashamed of my shameful plug) we decided to do a football themed party. Every morning that Matthew goes to school he outlines what team he will play for when he plays football with his friends. It is one of his favorites... The Baylor Bears or Dallas Cowboys.

His party was actually the day before his real birthday (10/27). He played soccer that morning and could have cared less because he was in birthday party mode. As soon as the game was over he runs to the side and says "Can we go to my party now?"

Action shots from the Birthday boy


 Most of the pictures I took of him are blurry in some way because he couldn't stand still for long enough.


We had great friends and family that came out to help us celebrate, which we are grateful for.



 Even the little man got to play on the inflatables...and boy was he WORE. OUT. afterwards.





 Gotta stop and give Daddy the hugs...




Thank you Aunt JuJu for another great cake. We had the Cowboys vs. Baylor football game.

Pizza for lunch...birthday boys request.

He really has gotten pretty big.



On Sunday, I...I mean the birthday fairy, was up early getting everything set for the big day. It's so fun to celebrate in our family and I have to say I come from a long line of celebrators in my family. The streamers were set....
(Notice he's still snoozing away in the midst of all that)

Football donuts were out...

He's awake and he's officially 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 All he wanted this year was "big trucks. No cars, just trucks." So that's what he got.
I know it is said every year, but I really can't believe Matthew is 4. We told him about when we went to the hospital to have him and when he was actually born and it really does seem like yesterday.

Matthew Ray, you are my big guy. This year you have developed into a strong, kind, energetic, focused and hilarious kid. Your abilities impress me but more that you are always learning. You have shown grace this year as you welcomed openly your brother into our life and allowed us to complete our family. You show me daily a sense of self that I pray each day continues to develop and persevere through your life. You are determined and have a hard time asking for help, but you came by it naturally. You are open to others and you humble me by the way you show love and generosity. I pray you seek to always be a vessel in which the things you are blessed with satisfy your need and carry through to help others in need. You crack me up and can always be heard humming a tune (especially the Eye of the Tiger). You listen and let everything soak in.
Most importantly son, you have become an example of love, learning and laughter to your brother, family, and others. As you continue to explore what this world has for you, which is alot, remember to keep moving, never stop to let the devil get a hold and you always have a safe place at home to process through all the good, bad and ugly things you will face. May glory and love always come out on the other side.
I love you big guy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment